TaraElla is a singer-songwriter and an author. She identifies as a liberal and a liberal feminist.
She is most well known for the promotion of the 'Princess's Spirit', independent culture creation, a form of 'back-to-basics' liberalism that combines elements of both Rawls-style liberalism and libertarianism, and liberal feminist ideas based on this particular form of liberalism.
She is also a keen supporter of marriage equality, a version of family values that is LGBT-inclusive (she calls this 'adaptive family values'), and marriage privatization.
TaraElla coined the term G.L.I.F. (Gatekepper Limited Intersectional Feminism) in 2017 to describe what she sees as illiberal, and hence inadequately inclusive, so-called 'intersectional feminism', in her book The Disappointment of G.L.I.F.
The Princess's Spirit
The Princess's Spirit actually defies precise definition. Novels like TaraElla's 'The Princess's Spirit' trilogy illustrate what it is. But here are several ground rules:
1) Belief in one self's ability to make things right in the end 2) Never giving in despite the odds being against you 3) Being proud of your sense of style, even if others don't like it 4) Never change who you are, even if others bully you for it 5) Loving life, and loving the people around you 6) Helping those less fortunate around you. Sometimes this requires courage too.
- The Princess's Spirit Trilogy #1-3: An Early 21st Century Liberty Movement Story
- 3 Movements (Feminism, LGBT Rights, Marriage Equality)
- Eastlands Dreaming
- Feminism Isn't A Political Party: My Case for a Real Liberal Feminism
- Liberal Revival Now: A Moral and Practical Case for a 21st Century Back-to-Basics Liberalism
- Marriage Privatization: What, Why, and most importantly, How
- Princess's Spirit Life Ideas #1: The Dreamers' Guide to Life
- Princess's Spirit Life Ideas #2: You Can Change the World Too
- Princess's Spirit Social Ideas #1: Building the Princess Spirit World
- Princess's Spirit Social Ideas #2: An Adaptive Family Values
- The Story of a 21st Century 'Somebody': Independent Culture Creation in the 2000s & 2010s
- Be A Star in Life: A Collection of Life Empowerment Articles
- Ideas for the World's Future: A Collection of Cultural, Social and Politically Themed Articles
- The World Needs Marriage Equality Now
- Love Is All Around Us (2011, re-released 2014)
- The Road to Where I'm Heading (2013, re-released 2014)
- Your Love Makes The World Beautiful (2014)
- The Princess's Spirit (to be released 2017)
Singles and EPs
- Beauty (2010)
- Anthem of Idealists (2012)
- The Real World is Overrated (2013)
- Not That Kind of Retro (2014)
- Right Now (Marriage Equality Song) (2014)
- The Princess's Spirit (2017)
Freelance and Other Writing
TaraElla has written articles for different audiences over the years, explaining her pro-liberty views and her brand of feminism.
- TaraElla on Medium
- TaraElla on Thought Catalog
- TaraElla on Newslogue
- TaraElla on Code Like A Girl
- TaraElla on WriterBeat
- TaraElla on The Hit Job
- TaraElla on MuckRack
- TaraElla on The Poleax
- TaraElla on The New Suffragette
- TaraElla on Athena Talks